Wednesday 24 October 2012

Hello everyone, so sorry I have not posted for a while, I promise I will get better.  Thank you to those of you who have left comments I really appreciated them.
Now Halloween is not generally my thing (far to scary!) but, I thought whilst it is that time of year I will have a go at a Halloween Tag and see how it goes - here is the result.
Sorry I have got you all turning your heads, but I am new to this and can't seem to turn it around.
I spritzed a tag with water and scrunched, dried and ironed it. Coloured the background with Mustard Seed/Spiced Marmalade and a little black distress. I used the same colours on another piece of card and stamped the owl image and the spider (both from Indigo Blu Hocus Pocus stamp set). I cut them out at different angles to match the corners of the tag and glued them on. The stitching was a shown to me by a friend of mine John Whittell pierce the edges of the toppers and using embroidery silk back stitch. I didn't have a Spooky stamp so I wrote this free hand on a small piece of card distressed as before and used eyelets on each side.  The cobwebby ribbon started life baby pink I have had this in my stash ages and it was one of those I wonder if moments, so out came the dylusions black ink and hey presto it worked. There were a couple of offcuts heading for the bin when I dropped them on the tag and it sort of looked right so I glued them there on the bottom left.  Right off to clear my desk for the next project see you soon.
Craft Hugs Mo x

1 comment:

  1. Horray you have posted!!! Only joking, but it is nice to see you. Your tag is beautiful, the colour tones are gorgeous and I love that patchwork effect with the stitching too. That owl is fabulous and his feathers look so realistic. Please, please post more of your wonderful work! I will reply to your email and try and explain about the photos..... not that I am any expert. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete