Saturday 16 February 2013

Little Bird Heart Hanger

Hi Everyone,
Yet another very quick post just to show you a little lovebird hanger I have been working on today for a friend. 
The wooden hearts are made by my DH from MDF ready for me to decorate.  I gave it 2 coats of Gesso and 2 coats of white acrylic paint. I stamped and clear embossed the bird house (Hobby Art) and sentiment (Woodware) on the bottom and coloured it in with cosmic shimmer mica powders used as watercolours. The wooden heart at the top was backed with pink card to compliment the hearts on the house.  I twisted gold craft wire around my pokey tool adding small pearl beads as I went and finished it off   with ribbon.  I am entering this into the Share the Love Challenge by Anything but a Card.
Hugs Mo x


4 comments:

  1. Hi Mo, this is beautiful, love that gorgeous image stamp and also the sentiment. The wire top is the perfect finishing touch too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic heart (round of applause for the talented DH - can you hire him out?!) and how well have you completed it! Love it Mo. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cute is that!? Great team work from the pair of you to create a real treat of a piece!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. I love those birds. Thanks for joining up at ABAC.

    ReplyDelete