Thursday 28 February 2013

Which little bird told me?

Hello Again,

Just as a follow up to my desk, I thought you might like to see the finished birthday card. It says which little bird told me because it is for a lady (Sandra) who meets up with 3 other ladies for coffee and one of them let the cat out of the bag about it being her birthday.  I thought it would be a bit of fun to have the 3 lovely little claire owls representing them with a very guilty looking one in the centre but whoo was it?. 
I made a mask from a die-cut waste and inked on both sides of it to create a frame with seedless preserve, ripe persimmon, and mustard seed distress inks. I then overstamped in the same colours with Indigo blu script stamp in the centre and their crackle stamp on the outsides.  I then used another Indigo blu stamp (vintage flourish) and stamped with black archival once with the frame in place and masked off in the centre and again after theframe had been removed.  I used the rubber on the end of a pencil, and the same colours used earlier to dot inside the frame the used the pencil end to do the tiny dots.  An archival pen was used to bring the dots out a bit more.  The Happy Birthday ticket stamp was a freebie I got in a magazine a while ago and the branches and leaves were cut using punches and dies.  The metal flower was one of a few I made up a few weeks ago (see older post) upcycled from an aluminium drinks can, embossed and coloured using alhohol inks.  The wording was done on my computer, then printed off on to self adhesive canvas.  It took a couple of trys and I found that I needed to attach it to a piece of normal printer paper to help it through, but it worked quite well.    
BBFN Hugs Mo x

3 comments:

  1. OH, your card turned out soooo cute, saw the beginings on WOYWW. Those owls are so darn cute and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mo,

    Your card is so cute! I just love owls......
    I have several people saving their coffee cup sleeves so if you ever want any......

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mo, this is a wonderful card. What a cute idea using your background story too. Loved reading how you did this...so many creative ideas to turn this card into a masterpiece. Enjoyed this post so much, and TFS

    ReplyDelete