Sunday 17 March 2013

Shop till you Drop

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to my new followers, thank you for joining me on my crafty journey.
Yesterday I went to the Papercraft Extravaganza show in Harrogate with my dear friend Anne and we had the best day out you can imagine.  We spent a few hours of retail therepy at the stalls at the show, stopping every now and again to check on Annes DH who was spending the day patiently reading whatever was to hand whilst drinking tea and coffee, and giving him chance to stretch his legs  whilst we saved his seat.  From the show we all relaxed for a while whilst we enjoyed lunch, and then it was a visit to Dyan Reaveleys Art from the Heart were we failed to resist buying morecrafty bits we HAD to have . We  came back suitably skint and loaded down with bags of goodies. Here are some of my purchases from the trip.

As you can see there is quite a few things, owls of course (pressies from Anne) and hearts from the mdf man.  One of the new Tim Holtz Tiny things stamp set, the new dylusions white linen ink spray  colours, trinkets, flowers centres ribbon and a lovely new stamp from www.annamariedesigns.co.uk.  What a lovely lady Annamarie is, this was the first time I had the pleasure of meeting her.   I believe she is on Create & Craft Tomorrow (Mon) at 9am using this stamp set. 
On my desk 2 weeks ago, I was busy using my Mr Owl (Its a Hoot) Stamp and here he is in all his glory.  I stamped around the edges of craft card, then  I paperpieced him on to the quilted background featured in this months Craft Stamper.  I put an eyelet in each corner, and threaded garden twine through  to make it a little rustic. A little hand drawn frame and  he was done.   I  also made this cog and clock card for a friends 60th birthday.  A took a piece of black card, sewed around the edge, stamped the cogs on the with versamark heat embossed with gold and silver.  I used metal tape torn and scratched to add interest and attached over the four corners and in the centre.  Next I used  more metal tape over cardstock dry embossed it and coloured it with gold and silver and bronze alchohol inks. I cut around the cogs to make the shape uneven and stuck it over the silver areas. Extra cogs were added on the top made from diecut grunge paper and the card was completed with a die cut craftables clock from gold mirror card. The black centre of the clock is from the same die cut from black card.  I attached the hands with a simple brad at six o'clock for the 60 birthday.

 
Mr Owl - What a Hoot!

60th Birthday Card 6 O'Clock!

2 more cards I have to show off today are ones my lovely ladies are making during my 2 workshops this week.  The theme is butterfly trail and flowers and flourishes,
 
Flowers & Flourishes
Butterfly trail
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you enjoy

Hugs Mo x

















10 comments:

  1. Hi Mo..is it my browser playing up? but I can see two lovely photos and 2 gaps where it looks like photos should/could be. Glad to hear you had a fabulous day out at Harrogate and got some lovely goodies too. Guessing you probably know I love steapunk and owls by my avatar so of course I LOVE your Owl and 60th card projects... Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Gill I messed up my post but all is well now - I think! Mo x

      Delete
  2. Hi Mo,

    Drats, the only photos I could see are of your owl and steampunk cards - which are great!!! I wanted to let you know that I posted about my Liebster award (thank you so much). I also received one from someone else so I combined and still only chose five people to pass it along to. I hope that's o.k.

    Will be back later to see if I can see the other photos.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, No its not you its me with the missing photos. All should be well now. Hugs Mo x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great day of crafty investment! And your cards are fab - especially love that stunning clock one!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mo, I could have sworn that you bought more than that! Or was that me? I am so thrilled with my half price Timmy things, have to keep looking at them. Your cards are fabulous - I do love the little owl but the clock was is a-ma-zing (in my best Craig Revel Horwood voice. I think your ladies are going to be very, very impressed on the workshop - those cards are stunning. Thanks again for all the fun we had yesterday. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW awesome haul. Love all the stamps and all the cards. Impressive lot of cards to be truthful. Totally envious of your trip and the visit to Art from the Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mo... glad to have not missed your other photos - as ooooh such nice stash, especially the lovely stamps! And your workshop cards are just stunning...thats going to be a great class...have a good week... Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mo,

    Wow, that's quite a haul! Sounds like you and your friend had a great time! The two additional cards are just beautiful!!!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly Mo I am thrilled to hear you had such a fantastic time at Harrogate/AFTH - isn't is so much better attending these things with friends. Who cares how much you spent when the results are so stunning. I'm with Anne; that 60th card is simply outstanding. And as for the workshop cards, well those ladies are lucky to have someone as talented as you teaching them. Huge hugs to you, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete