Friday 29 March 2013

Tags of 2013 March (Nearly late!)

Hi Everyone,


March Tag of 2013
I have been that wrapped up in workshops and show prep these last couple of weeks, I almost forgot how near to the end of March we are already and realised I still had not done my March Tag.  Only when I was out shopping in a charity shop yesterday did I spot something that not only reminded me, but was also perfect to use. 
You would not believe what spurred me into action - not a lovely background paper, or book page but - a cotton pillowcase (Photo further down if you dont believe me). Yep that is what I have used for my background, and the rest of the tag fell in to place from this background.  I felt Mrs Bunny was off on a journey somewhere with her shopping basket thus the wording JOURNEY and it was a lovely country scene so I gave her a die cut tree and a few flowers.  The trunk of the tree was stamped over with Tims bark stamp from the Stampers Anonomous set to make it a bit more authentic.  The flowers started life as an aluminium drinks can that I die cut with the smallest tattered florals die, painted with distress paints like Tim and threaded onto pin sticks with brads.  The right and left outer leaves are Tattered leaves die cut shrink plastic, coloured with bundled sage d/s and shrunk down.  The detail was just put on after with a gathered twigs distress ink pen.  The other leaves are the leaves from tattered pinecone die, cut out of core card.  The path was made from joined up film strip ribbon, as was the trim up the right had edge,  and the picket fence was die-cut from a creatables die. The vintage ribbon at the top was stained with tumbled glass, ripe persimmon and squeezed lemonade distress stains all spritzed with water so they ran into each other.
Close up of flowers/path

Close up of tree
Original Pillowcase!

 
Hope you like it, I will get it posted now before its to late! sorry Tim x
HAPPY EASTER TO EVERONE
Hugs Mo x


5 comments:

  1. Hi Mo..you said 'Hope you like it'...well..no.. I don't...I LOVE IT! Absolutely adorable tag and scene - what a lot of work with so many great details. Love your tree especially and the cute bunny of course. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mo, how cute is this tag.....I love it too. Great improvisation, the best I have seen so far. A genius idea, very well planned and executed. Have a lovely rest of the weekend. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I love it! Lots of love from Laura xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever. Can't believe you saw a path in the filmstrips - genius! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable tag - wonderful adaptation of the film strips - this is such a great take on the TH tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete