Saturday 14 September 2013

Shabby Chic Canvas

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post  to share the result of a couple of hours having fun playing with my acrylic paints again. This colour of this Shabby Chic Canvas is way out of my comfort zone, as you can see it is not my trademark blues and turquoises. 
 

I recently did a workshop using the expandable lattice die and had a few spare die-cuts lying around so decided to use these with the texture paste.

I die-cut The bird & cage from Tim Holtz Bigz die and dabbed it with texture paste, once dried I tickled it with gilding wax . I wanted to give the cage a door so the little bird could come out so I cut one carefully from the bars. (click on the pictures for a closer look). 

The white flowers were die-cut from the flower garland decorative strip, and the roses   were each made using 3 punched 6 petal flower shapes

I have had some frantage mica flakes in my stash for a while now and decided it was high time they had an airing, so these were scattered on to wet pva glue which had been applied to the canvas background.

some more  left overs of lattice die were used to decorate the corners of the canvas, along with strips from book pages, garden twine and adage ticket.  .  I aquired some lovely leafy ribbon  and wrapped it around the cage, and this was further decorated with silk flowers and pearl lace.  An adage ticket was stuck onto a torn piece of centura pearl paper and this was scrunched up and inked with seedless preserve D.I. Hope you like it.

Hugs Mo x



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Canvas Almo! Love that colour purple (I sound like the movie LOL), and great texture! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It was lovely to meet you today. I really enjoyed the workshop and using new products and techniques. Love my canvas. Many thanks.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful canvas. gorgeous colour
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely canvas here Mo. Great use of this die. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful canvas, great colour and layers and wonderful use of the die, it looks as if you had loads of fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may not be your usual colours but the canvas has been done with your usual style and I love it! Great idea to add texture paste to the bird cage, it gives it some lovely dimension. Love the lace and the opening door on the cage too - and of course the wonderful flowers on the canvas too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Mo, this is lovely... fabulous texture on the bird cage, and the flowers are gorgeous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete