Sunday 21 December 2014

December tag - Frosty

Hi Everyone,

Well another year is fast closing on us, and I have all 12 Tims Tags completed once more for 2014. I really loved Tim's tag this month which can be viewed together with his brilliant step by step Here.
Below is my take on it:

 I must admit I did have a struggle this month with the snowy technique on the background and I finally got it on my third attempt.  I did not have the frosted but I did have the frosted film so I had to comprimise by sticking on to very thin acetate and running this through the sun rays embossing folder

 
I dont have the wording dies in my stash yet either so my JOY wording was cut on my cricut from a piece of whitewash cordinations card.  The embossed frosted film was stitched onto the tag with my sewing machine and I then realised that the wording should have been underneath! whoops to late, so it was stitched on top,I actually quite like it.
 
 
I sketched lightly around the wording with a pencil to make it pop a little. An old Christmas muse token was attached to the top using pine twine and a gumdrop in the centre.
 
 
The reindeer was painted and inked as Tim explains in his post and then I used glue and seal and rock candy over and vintage photo distress glitter sprinkled on it to add interest and depth. Pine twine held the bell in place around his neck.  The snowflake was coloured with various distress spray stains and then I took Picket fence paint to pick up the detail of the embossed areas.  Th edges were inked and pumice stone glitter scattered over it.  

 
I spray coloured glittered and dabbed paint on the tips of the die cut holiday greens
 

 
 An industrious metal trim was added to the bottom of the tag
 

 
Another look at the completed tag.
Also I have my matching atc for my tray which of course is now completed
 
 
I love the completed atc tray what a lovely display of all those fabulous Timmy techniques
 
 
 I wish all my followers old and new a very Happy Christmas
and very best Wishes for 2015
Mo xx 
   

7 comments:

  1. It is so lovely to see all your ATCs together now, they look fabulous - and so does your beautiful tag! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, my lovely friend and hope to see you soon in the New Year. Huge hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag! I also love your ATC tray display. What a cool idea to showcase your year's participation in the 12-tags of 2014! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are both absolutely gorgeous Mo - just did mine tonight but blimey its not a patch on this! Love your ATC's too and I'm so inspired I want to copy your idea next year - have a wonderful Christmas - big hugs to you Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous take on the December tag - I adore the layered snowflake and greenery - stunning! And how wonderful to see all 12 ATCs displayed in their tray - congratulations on making the finishing line! I had to drop out half way through... more catching up to be done!!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, WOW, Wowzers Mo! What a finish with a flourish! LOVE your completed tray too. Wishing you and Alan a wonderful Christmas and a creative New Year. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete